Welcome to my blog. I hope you will return often for that second cup.

Writing has become more than a way to make lists or keep in touch with friends. It is a vital part of who I am. For the past few years I've been writing essays, devotionals, a memoir, and several novels. I invite you to join me on this site so we can explore ways together to improve our writings. Words can be beautiful or they can be hurtful - even devastating. The well-placed word or phrase, the choice metaphor, a fresh perspective - each can add to the reader's participation in sharing the thoughts of the writer. I invite anyone who wants to improve their work or even if you have never attempted writing beyond a grocery list to return often. Feel free to add your thoughts. There are no grades given - no critics to deter you. We do this as friends - chatting over their second cup of coffee. (or tea, if you prefer.)

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Family Times

Just settling down with my second cup of java as the last of my family returned home after a fun-filled, food-filled, week-end.
Our grand-daughter, Krista arrived with her husband Joshua and her brother, our oldest grand-child, Paul after a grueling nearly non-stop drive from Missouri. Paul traveled from Colorado the day before to help them with the drive. That's devotion!
Then the rest of the family began to pour in -- from Philadelphia, Weatherly and Pottsville, PA, Virginia, and our son from Colorado. We had fifteen family members here, missing only four - but truly they were missed.
Laughter, multiple conversations at once, constant meals and snacks, tripping over toys, sorting towels and running the marvelous dish-washer -- what stands out?

Love. We are blessed. Christ is the head of our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment